Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will support the OptumInsight revenue portfolio, with ownership of real-time forecasting across Markets. Success in this role will be dependent on an ability to successfully navigate and influence change across a matrix environment, quickly adapt to changing priorities, and identify key insights in the context of a fast paced and high-growth environment that has a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
- Understand business drivers and metrics to assist in identification of revenue and sales trends
- Development of reporting to drive transparency and insight to results
- Consolidation of reporting on a monthly basis
- Interface with finance and business leaders; build relationships in support of real-time forecasting of revenue results
- Identifying and driving process improvements that simplify work, reduce internal cost, and improve the customer experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process including broader OptumInsight finance and accounting
- Support Market Finance teams with ad-hoc scenario analysis
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis and strong analytic experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Hyperion SmartView and PeopleSoft experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Consultant, financial analysis, financial analyst, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota