Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role is responsible for all aspects of financial analytics, planning, and reporting in support of our Account Management teams and the clients they manage.
Responsibilities include reporting and analysis to business and finance leadership with a dotted line support to Account management leadership; presents findings and recommendations to management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from Eden Prairie, MN or Schaumburg, IL as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide primary financial support for one OptumRx business division and its leaders
- Create and maintain a tight alignment with the pricing team and become active participants in understanding client renewal cycles and the overall financial drivers and implications to their renewals or market checks
- Understand and influence ability to manage client discount guarantee performance and seek to make timely changes with the contract management team
- Participate in client strategy discussions to seek opportunities for increased performance
- Develop deep knowledge of the client’s unique plan designs and analyze volume, revenue, and margin across all OptumRx channels (retail, home delivery, Specialty)
- Anticipate profitability changes as client plan designs change and react quickly to unusual trends
- Develop understanding of monthly trends for margin channels to the extent that fluctuations impacted specific client financials
- Interface with business leaders and build relationships in support of financial planning and performance measurement including reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in conjunction with budgeting and forecasting process
- Assist in managing business relationships on behalf of the broader Finance organization and Leadership
- Leverage technology and carry out process improvement activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis or accounting experience
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Office product suite, and other technology tools
- Progressive financial work experience
- Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other functional areas
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- PBM experience
- Project management or process improvement experience
- Healthcare experience
- Hyperion Essbase and/or Power BI
- CRM experience (Salesforce)
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Finance Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois