Title: Finance Accounting - Accountant 3
Location: Columbia, SC 29203
Duration: 03 month(s) contract to hire
- Responsible for analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Detail Oriented and expert in Excel in terms financial modeling.