AZZ Specialty Welding (AZZ WSI LLC) is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Suwanee, Georgia
The Field Equipment Technician will be responsible for field equipment maintenance and readiness. This position will report to the Field Technician Supervisor for specific task assignments and will be under the direction of the Site Supervisor for specific field tasks. Tasks consist of equipment set up for field applications, repair and calibration of weld systems while at the job sites.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
An Associate's degree in Electronics Technology, specialized military training in an electro/mechanical field or equivalent industry experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Diagnose errors or technical problems with automated equipment and machine tools; must be capable of making necessary repairs including repairs to wiring, circuit board repair and/or mechanical repairs.
- Must be able to reach schematics and follow signal paths.
- Familiar with automated and manual TIG and MIG welding processes.
- CNC, PLC and Relay Logic capable.
- Prior OSHA safety training in the power generation, petroleum and chemical industries.
- Must be able to operate fork lift equipment.
- Proficient computer skills- Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Maintain, calibrate, troubleshoot to component level, ship, receive and set up for field applications and reconciliation of field equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning automated welding equipment, manual welding equipment and other associate components.
- Keep accurate and complete maintenance records.
- Cooperate with in house maintenance staff, engineering, field project management and site personnel to support job requirements.
- Maintain housekeeping.
- Comply with safety rules.
- Comply with environmental regulations.
- Be aware of departmental Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Other duties as assigned.
Work conditions are office and a repair shop facility day shift, unless field services are required. Exposure to extremely noisy areas, confined spaces, elevated areas, extreme temperatures and humidity, climb vertical ladders'. Strong possible exposure to radiological, chemical, petroleum lead, biohazard, dangerous vapors and gases, molten metals and electrical hazards. Must be willing to work in a nuclear, power generation, petroleum and chemical environment.
This position is located in our Suwanee, Georgia facility for a training period prior to support field projects.
Able to lift 50 lbs.
Full Time / Available to work shift work, night shift, day shift, swing shift and overtime.