Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
Your dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, United Health Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Family Caregiver Support Specialist (Part Time) will work under the WellMed Charitable Foundation, the philanthropic partner of WellMed Medical Management, and will implement and direct all aspects of Caregiver SOS by WellMed in their assigned geographic area. Program elements include caregiver education, information and referral services, wellness programs, caregiver supports, care coordination, marketing, and program development.
The Caregiver Specialist is responsible for creating awareness in WellMed communities regarding Caregiver SOS and WellMed programs and services that serve a diverse group of caregivers. Special emphasis is be on telephonic caregiver coaching, an evidence-based protocol to help caregivers identify and self-manage issues that are a priority to them and their care recipient.
If you are located within Brownsville, TX you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Implements and leads all aspects of Caregiver SOS in an assigned geographic area, including oversight of assistants and volunteer staff
- Develops an annual business plan with measurable objectives, and targeted activities to achieve those objectives
- Builds relationships and collaborates with key leaders, professionals, organizations and other stakeholders that serve caregivers in WellMed communities
- Seeks out and develops networking opportunities and speaking engagements in WellMed communities that will generate awareness of Caregiver SOS and WellMed initiatives
- Utilizes tracking systems to formally track phone calls, visits, trainings, outreach, and family meeting, and develops reports for management and WCF board members
- Plans calendar of events that meet annual performance measures for caregiver outreach and education
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in a social services environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry, sorting data), Microsoft PowerPoint (creating / editing slides for presentations), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- Ability to work part time schedule Monday - Friday with flexible hours from 8 am to 5 pm (28 hours per week). Caregiver Specialist may work sporadically during weekends or early evenings.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience serving older adult population (coaching care givers, stress management, behavior counseling, leading facility support groups / classes, presenting on different topics for care givers)
- Bilingual Spanish / English
- Ability to work on a team and / or independently with minimal supervision
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues
- Ability to supervise, train, monitor, and motivate the work of others
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Part Time, flexible schedule, Brownsville, TX, social services, Bilingual Spanish, adult, coaching, care givers, stress management, community resources, support groups, care giver, community partner, Texas