Have you been looking for the chance to use your expertise to make a real difference in an organization?
'We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.'
The Material Handler II performs the duties of 'water spider' by coordinating parts presentation to assemblers and other plant personnel to ensure maximum productive time of assembly line by filling carts to appropriate levels of inventory with minimum preparation needed for operator. Assigned primarily to one assembly line, and assists on other lines as needed.
Reporting directly to the Production Supervisor, this position is based in Shreveport, Louisiana.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work from work orders, blueprints, written and verbal instructions. Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets-up machines using prescribed dies, stops, etc. , to obtain alignment and prevent movement and distortion. Downloads programs as required to operate CNC machines.
- Make first piece inspection and make any required set-up adjustments.
- Use tape, square, and other measuring devices to maintain tolerances, depth of bend, and quality of fabrication.
- Ensure all dies and tools are stored in proper location; report any damaged dies to supervision.
- Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment, and materials; avoid excessive scrap.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Typically requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
Frymaster in Shreveport, Louisiana is an industry leader in the manufacturing of commercial fryer, fryer filtration equipment (built-in and portable), foodservice equipment computers, water-bath rethermalizers and pasta cookers. The facility in Shreveport is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem™, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by two service brands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,800 employees and operating 17 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 3,500 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.