This position is field based and will cover the Los Angeles area territory.
Responsible for creating a comprehensive estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage claims leading to the proper disposition of claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Create a estimate of damages for 1st and 3rd party material damage
- Inspect damaged property and complete appropriate estimates and documentation
- Work toward claim resolution by maintaining regulatory compliance and fair claims practices within their authority
- Summarize claims in excess of authority and submit to manager for approval
- Maintain relations with both internal and external customers
- Negotiate settlements, make settlement payments and document all activities in the file
- Identify potential subrogation and fraud referral opportunities and refer to the appropriate representatives when potential exists
- Stay informed of changes in the collision repair industry as well as statutory and regulatory changes as they relate to material damage and communicate these changes to other claims personnel
- Performs other duties as directed
- as a mentor for other field representatives
- Assist with file reviews and file audits as needed
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience in any combination of the areas: automobile estimates, collision repair and/or insurance environment
- Possess valid driver licensing and continuing education to keep license current
- Possess basic knowledge of material damage
- Ability to obtain and maintain adjuster licenses as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate electronic devices including computers, cameras and cell phones
- Ability to create estimates by way of estimating software
- Possess effective interpersonal skills
- Possess effective negotiation skills
- Ability to problem solve, resolve conflicts and empathize with customers
- Possess effective skills in time management, organization, the ability to work under pressure, adhere to project deadlines and remain flexible in a changing environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Possess knowledge of estimatics software (Mitchell/CCC/Audatex, etc.)
- Successful completion of one or more of the industry related courses or workshops: I-CAR training, structural damage analysis, steering and suspension, RV and heavy equipment and/or ASE
- Possess 1+ years of experience as a material damage estimator either in the insurance industry or the collision repair industry