Job Title: Finance & Accounting Co-Op
Department: Process Improvement / General Ledger – Air Group Building
Days: Monday – Friday (some evenings & weekends) Hours: Between 08:00–17:00 / TBD Hours per Week: 40
Business casual office environment located at the Air Group Building. Evenings and weekends possible during monthly accounting closing process. The position may have contact with all levels of management.
The Intern will be assigned job responsibilities that will vary depending on Process Improvement and General Ledger department needs including assisting with various F&A projects, end user computing (EUC) support and user access reviews.
The Accounting Intern, through communication with a variety of positions, may be assigned a variety of tasks including user access reviews, researching and resolving end user computing issues, documenting processes, performing audits, and supporting various projects across the F&A department.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Technical aptitude and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks successfully while meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of OBI, Oracle General Ledger, Microsoft Office Suite and Longview a plus.
- Knowledge of UPS accounting structure and policies a plus.
Must be able to work under the pressure of daily deadlines and monthly accounting closing process within a group environment. Must have strong skills in the areas of organization and written and oral communication. May be requested to present in front of management team.
Will answer questions during interview to assess knowledge level of Microsoft Office, financial concepts and accounting principles.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law