Export Credit & Commercial Real Estate Attorney - Vice President
New York, NY
Apple Bank is seeking to hire an Attorney with experience in Specialty Finance to work with our Export Credit & Commercial Real Estate (CRE) departments. This position will assist the Head Attorney for these business units regarding loan originations, loan and trade finance transaction closings, loan documentation reviews and analyses, LIBOR conversions, FDIC loans and transactional summary requirements. Additionally, the incumbent provides general compliance and Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) matter support for business lines, drafts loan modifications and deferral agreements; and such other matters as the General Counsel of the Bank may assign.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and analyze term sheets and loan documentations.
- Perform close checklists and post-closing follow-up documentation for aircraft finance transactions, trade finance/factoring transactions and specialty finance transactions.
- Negotiate, review, and draft loan modification documentation for aircraft and specialty finance transactions; advise Commercial Real Estate department relative to loan documentation issues and draft note modification and loan deferral agreements.
- Provide advice to Export Credit and CRE departments regarding BSA/AML issues, bank regulatory compliance issues and coordinate regulatory compliance and bank risk management projects.
- Draft loan documentation summaries for Export Credit and related transactions together with LIBOR conversion-related loan documentation; coordinate with Export Credit and CRE departments on LIBOR conversion.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager and General Counsel.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required and must have active license to practice law in New York State.
- 2-5 years of law firm experience or similar experience as an in-house lawyer primarily handling aviation finance, corporate debt finance (including real estate finance as additional collateral) trade finance representing primarily financial institutions with an exposure to and some experience in financial services regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions as well as the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide clear, correct and concise written and oral advice in a business context.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new or unfamiliar challenges or areas of responsibility.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.