MAG is a leading manufacturing technology group for machining tasks in milling and turning for turnkey manufacturing systems and machines with customer-specific application technology.
We are globally represented with locations in Germany, in the US, China, India, Hungary, UK, and Switzerland. With a strong foundation based upon renowned machine tool brands such as BOEHRINGER, Cross Hüller, Ex-Cell-O, and Lamb, MAG has become a global player since its founding in 2005. MAG serves the automotive and truck industries and their suppliers with unmatched technology and expertise.
MAG offers machine tools, manufacturing systems, and services including turning, milling, honing, systems integration, automation, software, maintenance, retrofit, e-learning, and core components for machine tools.
As full scale supplier, MAG manufacturing solutions include machining technology, process capability, system design and full turnkey systems.
Our talented team members have always been the cornerstone of our success and the driving force behind maintaining our Company's reputation. We are looking for people who value team work and are looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience. We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including 401k. Presently, MAG is seeking the following position:
This person will prepare accurate, timely cost estimates of manufacturing equipment including associated material handling, third party equipment, special cutting tools, and all other pricing issues for MAG Automotive products and services. Here are some projects this person will oversee on a daily basis:
- Prepare budgetary or detailed cost estimates for new and reworked special machines, CNC machines, and complete manufacturing system using MAG estimating templates and cost references when available
- Prepare after sale change requests (ASCR) with input from the Program Management and Project Engineering team.
- Work with the proposal engineer to select appropriate reference projects, research actual cost data when available, may solicit and recap supplier quotations, to arrive at an accurate cost estimate.
- This person will also:
- Prepare customer pricing summary sheets with agreed selling prices.
- Support sales staff with answers to customer questions and concerns including the preparation of cost analysis documents to justify or selling prices; presentation of these documents to our end customer.
- Prepare internal cost studies to show the impact of gross margin revisions, sales discounts, alternative purchasing or manufacturing strategies etc.
- Prepare Final Management Review (FMR) to document the finalized selling price and associated cost factors, and management adjustments to the standard estimate.
- Prepare as-sold cost estimates to facilitate the release of budget by pre-engineering personnel.
- Assist in sales order review meetings for profit/loss analysis.
- Maintain estimating benchmarks. Recommend necessary changes to management.
MAG cherishes its workforce. 30% of our team has been with us for 25+ years. MAG values its team and sets itself apart by offering:
- Opportunities for growth, development and promotion
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off
- Occasional travel is common in this position if desired.Education / Experience Requirements:
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor' degree or equivalent from 4-year college or university
- Plus 7 or more years related experience and/or training;
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other Requirements:
- Knowledge of estimating and cost structure of manufacturing processes, machine components or systems.
- Understanding of detailed cost relationships among machine tool components.
- Knowledge of domestic competition and cost structure is preferred.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Travel is an occasional requirement of this position: must be able to travel throughout the day; overnight visits when required; overseas and international travel will be occasionally required.
- If you meet the above requirements and would like to learn more, we invite you to please apply. MAG Automotive is a Military & Veteran friendly company. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.