In SNI Companies, we are currently looking for a TakeOff Estimator Assistant for one of our clients located in Doral, FL in the Construction Industry.
The Take-off Assistant Engineer is responsible for preparing estimates, and pre-bid packages for construction projects to be built for clients, with a main focus on take-off work and change orders.
- Preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering primarily for heavy civil projects.
- Performs accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, for heavy civil systems for all levels of project documents (schematic, design development and, construction documents)
- Generates takeoff reports.
- Transfers plans from hard copy to software programs
- Work on multiple projects concurrently with ability to multitask.
- Obtains clarification on plans and specifications from appropriate individuals when necessary
- Analyzes plan documents and prepares detailed take off analysis
- Performs technical/plan review when required
- Considers and understands problems, and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Proficient in computer software programs (AutoCAD)
- Builds effective relationships with, subcontractors, suppliers, and the design team that will reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations
- Positive 'can do' attitude with a high degree of professionalism and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as, independently
- 1+ years of experience in pre-construction and/or operations experience on heavy civil construction projects
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Multi-task and have self-driven personality
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Spanish is required, English is a plus.
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Vacations and holidays
Please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]