BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Epidemiologist for an opportunity in Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Position Title: Epidemiologist
Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
Expected Duration: 18 months contract
Special requirements: Remote - Travel may include going to a training or aiding in the field.
Purpose of Position/Summary:
The COVID-19 Epidemiologist serves in the Epidemiology Resource Center (ERC) at the client. The purpose of this position is to minimize morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19 among Indiana residents by conducting a broad and complex range of investigative and analytical epidemiologic activities. The scope of this position includes but is not limited to investigation and surveillance of COVID-19, assistance in surveillance, response and guidance to other program areas outside of the ERC.
* Manage and analyze infectious disease data collected through routine surveillance, public health investigations, and applied epidemiologic studies
* Manage and analyze data collected through routine for other client divisions as necessary
* Provide epidemiologic consultation and technical assistance to local health departments, health care providers, veterinarians, and the public with respect to infectious diseases or other assigned projects within client
* Demonstrate and communicate subject matter knowledge of the epidemiology and biology of all infectious diseases
* Conduct routine epidemiologic surveillance for infectious diseases
* Assist in the development of program logic models and quality improvement projects
* Lead or coordinate epidemiologic investigations of individual cases and/or outbreaks of infectious diseases or other projects within client
* Design and conduct applied epidemiologic studies of infectious diseases and other studies with the agency
* Use leadership and systems thinking in epidemiologic planning and policy development
* Prepare and disseminate written and oral reports and presentations that communicate necessary information to internal and external partners
* Conduct educational presentations and/or trainings for a variety of audiences, including local health departments, health care providers, veterinarians, and the general public
* Participate in writing grants and other funding proposals
* Serve as an agency spokesperson at the invitation and direction of the client Office of Public Affairs
* Evaluate the impact of legislation or policy proposals at the invitation and direction of the client Director of Legislative Affairs
* Incumbent is on-call 24/7/365
* Serve as a backup to other infectious disease epidemiologists
* Perform related duties as assigned.
A master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, biological sciences, or social sciences) and ≥ 2 years' relevant public health experience, OR
A doctoral-level degree in epidemiology or another relevant field, OR
A graduate or professional degree in a health-related field (e.g., RN, MD/DO, DDS/DMD, DVM, PhD, RS) with specific epidemiology training (e.g., MPH degree, CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service, or CSTE Applied Epidemiology Fellowship),
A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and ≥ 4 years of relevant public health experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Knowledge of the epidemiology and biology of infectious diseases.
* Knowledge of state laws and regulations as well as federal public health guidance documents pertaining to infectious diseases
* Skill in identification of public health problems pertinent to Indiana residents
* Skill in conducting epidemiologic surveillance activities, including selection and use of appropriate field methods as well as use and evaluation of public health surveillance systems
* Skill in conducting public health investigations of individual cases and/or outbreaks of infectious diseases
* Skill in designing descriptive and analytical epidemiologic investigations, including hypothesis generation
* Skill in managing large datasets, performing complex data analyses, and identifying key finding
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 112553 when responding to this ad.