We're coming up with ways to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to design efficient and reliable components; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you.
As Engineering Tech this person will work under close direction and supervision, assisting with ice machine performance testing and data collection tasks related to: product variants; test fixtures; NPI (New Product Introduction) verification and validation activities. This position is technical and hands on in nature.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor Engineering; this position is located at Welbilt's, Manitowoc Ice*, facility in Manitowoc, WI.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Essential Job Functions:
- Work safely and possess the discernment of when to ask for help/training on: equipment, process, or task
- Learn to set-up and install ice machines / related components in the performance test chambers
- Act as a contributing team member in Lab activities
- Provide clear and concise: verbal & written communication
- Perform work to the required level of accuracy
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operate performance test room & Ice Machine 'Unit under test' & Process Equipment under the direction of a mentor
- Operate lab equipment such as: scale, flow meter, overhead hoist, dimensional and electrical measuring equipment
- Operate Computer (Microsoft Office) & National Instruments (NI) Data acquisition systems under the direction of a mentor
- Learn the basic function and troubleshooting methods of common refrigeration, electrical, and mechanical components
- Operate a variety of hand tools in the appropriate application
- Learn to read and follow a basic wiring diagram
- Maintain lab cleanliness, lab tools, and lab equipment
- Associate's degree or one-two year diploma; with a minimum of one year experience in an HVAC, Electro-mechanical field required; or will consider a minimum of three years of experience in related HVAC, Electro-Mechanical field, in lieu of education.
- Possess E.P.A Type I, II refrigerant handling certificate (or the acquisition of, within 2 years of hire)
- Demonstrate functional understanding, in one or more of the following specialized skills:
- Refrigeration Theory; Electronics & Controls; National Instruments Data Acquisition; System level Electrical Theory; Brazing/Soldering
- Demonstrate the desire for growth, experience and team participation
Welbilt Inc. designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. Welbilt offers customers unparalleled operator and patron insights, collaborative kitchen solutions, culinary expertise and world-class implementation support and service, whether locations are around the corner or across the globe. With operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia, the company has a portfolio of best-in-class brands including Cleveland, Convotherm®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Manitowoc® Ice, Merco®, Multiplex®, Merrychef®, and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems.
*Known as America's #1 Selling Ice Machine, Manitowoc Ice, designs and manufactures a complete range of cube, flake, and nugget ice machines, ice storage bins, and ice dispensers with 200+ models in ice-making capacities from 65 to 3,000 pounds per day. Our products can be found in hospitals, schools, hotels, restaurants, and convention centers all over the world. Manitowoc Ice is a division of Welbilt, Inc.