Analysis: scope & operating conditions, performance assessment, safety & environmental issues, technology assessment, economic assessment, reliability analysis Design & Synthesis: functionality or product specification, component selection, integration of components & sub-systems, reliability & maintenance factors, environmental & societal implications of the product or process, quality improvements Testing Methods: devising testing methodology & techniques, verifying functional specifications, new product or technology commissioning & assessment Implementation Methods: applying technology, engineering cost studies, optimization techniques, process flow & time studies, implementing quality control & assurance, cost/benefit analysis, safety & environmental issues & recommendations, maintenance & replacement evaluation
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Applies engineering principles taught during an engineering degree program including:
Gains practical experience and knowledge about the following:Function of Components with a System: merits of reliability, role of computer software, relationship of the end product to the equipment & control systems Limitations of Practical Engineering & Related Human Systems: production methods, manufacturing tolerances, operating & maintaining philosophies, ergonomics Significance of Time in the Engineering Process: work flow, scheduling, equipment wear out, corrosion rates and replacement scheduling Codes, standards, regulations and laws that govern applicable engineering activities
Exposed to the management of engineering including:Planning: development of a concept & evaluation of alternatives Scheduling: allocation of resources & assessment impact of delays Budgeting: identification of resources to assessment of cost escalation Supervision: leadership, organization & motivational skills Project Control: coordination, monitoring & taking corrective action Risk Assessment: performance & social environmental impacts
- Works cooperatively, recognizing and valuing diverse relationships with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Writes briefs or formal reports.
- Prepares and presents oral reports to peers, management and/or customers.
- Displays initiative, creativity and recommends concepts and ideas for improvement.
- Uses problem solving skills to think through problems, evaluate relevant facts, generate alternatives, and make sound conclusions and timely decisions.
- Displays interest and enthusiasm to perform all assigned tasks and is willing to learn new work.
- Performs all work following documented departmental procedures and work instructions and utilizing the appropriate forms.
- Diligently performs all tasks while maintaining high standards of quality and quantity.
- Uses CAD or other computer aided design programs.
- Adheres to processes and procedures throughout the organization including quality, customs, foreign trade zone and environmental.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education:A high school graduate enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university in the field of mechanical or electrical engineering. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, and financial reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer. Ability to effectively present information to top management. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Knowledgeable of PC operating systems, word processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office. Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a team. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. May be required to travel to customer sites or other Company facilities. May be required to work alternate shifts. Required to work in various departments of the Company including Manufacturing and Shipping and Receiving. Must be able to supply own transportation.
The physical demand
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate except when observing the machine in the manufacturing environment where the noise level could be very loud.
Opportunities for growth, development and promotion Company paid certifications, licenses and training Competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance 401k, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off Occasional travel is common in this position if desired.
If you meet the above requirements and would like to learn more, we invite you to please apply.