We'recoming up with ways to build the world's most incredible foodservice equipment;we're thinking outside the box to design efficient and reliable components; andwe're bringing innovation to life each and every day with dreamers like you.
Thisopportunity involves working with cutting-edge technologies, automation andinteracting with all disciplines internally. This role will be a key contributorto the design and development of innovative subsystems that integrate into neverbefore commercialized products.
AsEngineer, you will perform a variety of engineering work requiring theapplication of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out asequence of related engineering tasks. Tasks typically relate to design, test,verification and reliability of mechanical and electromechanical food serviceproducts and systems.
Reportingdirectly to the SVP New Product Development & Innovation, this position islocated at our headquarters in New Port Richey, FL*.
We put the 'fast' in fast food andthe refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry thattouches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodserviceinnovation!Major Accountability:
Work on new product designs, productimprovements, test analysis, and production and service liaisons.
Prepare basic analysis, test,performance, schedule, and cost information as required.
Responsible for timely, costeffective development of product designs, component and material requirements,bills of materials, and assembly instructions for Welbilt equipment.
Prepare concept sketches, detaildrawings, design models, and specification documents for product designs.
Prepare root cause analysis, testperformance, schedule and cost information, as required.
Prepare progress reports,feasibility and concept studies, etc., as required.
Assist in the preparation of manualsand sales literature on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in related capacity.
- Experience working in the foodservice industry or working with commercial appliances or equipment is preferred.
- SolidWorks experience.
- Knowledgeable of fundamental engineering principles concepts, practices and procedures of electrical mechanical function.
- Understanding of design theory and has demonstrated the ability to read and prepare drawings.
- Prior experience with industrial automation (ideally) in the food processing sector.
- Able to work in a fast-paced cross functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and project/task leadership experience.
- Normal office / lab work environment. Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
*Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs,premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leadingequipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered byour deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio ofaward-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem™,Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®,Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by two servicebrands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, andKitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand. Headquartered in NewPort Richey, Florida, supported by over 5,800 employees and operating 17 manufacturingfacilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information,visit www.welbilt.com.