PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside sales representatives to ensure product designs comply with regulations, specifications, and customer requirements.
- Daily tasks involve providing support in the following areas:
- Product development,
- Design documentation,
- Evaluate, test, troubleshoot, and report product designs,
- Manufacturing support, and
- Supplier development assistance.
- Digital / analog circuit design.
- Software / firmware development.
- Product documentation; create, assist, and/or review.
- Component and assembly drawings.
- Product specifications.
- Test plans and reports.
- Instruction manuals.
- System safety assessment.
- Functional hazard assessment.
- Fault tree assessment.
- Failure modes and effects analysis.
- Design product packaging, installation, component interconnect / cable design, and aircraft integration.
- Lead and/or assist in product design reviews, budget review, and presentations.
- Provide guidance toward establishing relationships with potential suppliers.
Must demonstrate the following:
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows Operating System and Micro Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with co-workers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment.
- Group management skills, leadership skills, and strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Should be familiar with aircraft electrical systems and aircraft structures. Capabilities should include system electrical interface, designs using stamped/formed metal parts and/or plastic injected molded parts.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD 2009, SolidWorks 2009, and ANSI Y14.5 Drafting Standards would be beneficial.