At EVRAZ North America, we manufacture engineered steel products for rail, energy and industrial end markets at six production sites located in the USA (Portland, Oregon; Pueblo, Colorado) and Canada (Regina, Saskatchewan; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta). We are the largest North American producer by volume in the rail and large diameter pipe markets, and we hold leading positions in the Western Canada oil country tubular goods, small diameter pipe and West Coast plate markets.
EVRAZ NA currently seeks Journeyman Manufacturing Plant Electricians to join our growing team at our Portland location!
Our Electricians are responsible for inspecting and repairing electrical operation equipment, as well as performing routine preventive maintenance and repairs to electrical and control systems. This role requires keeping accurate and legible records, maintaining a clean and safe work environment and the flexibility/ willingness to learn and accept changes in job duties.
We offer competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities, a $5,000 sign- on bonus and relocation assistance may be provided for well qualified candidates outside of the Portland area.
- LME, Oregon Plant Journeyman Electrician License, Oregon Journeyman Electrician License, or currently hold a Journeyman Electrician License from a reciprocal state (AR, ID, ME, MT, UT, WY)
- A minimum of 1 year experience with PLC / Automated Control, AC/DC controls and motors systems
- Ability to read blueprints or schematic drawings
- Basic understanding of Oregon Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Willing to cross-train in other crafts
- Able to work in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Completion of ergonomics evaluation
- Able to learn, retain and apply new knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical acumen
- Adaptable and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to safety of personnel and equipment must taking priority over production at all times
- At least five 3 years' experience in heavy industrial plant maintenance, instrumentation qualified,
- Knowledge of ISO 9002
- Experience with overhead bridge crane
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience in predictive/preventative maintenance experience
With more than 4,500 team members in the U.S. and Canada, EVRAZ offers well-paying jobs and a comprehensive range of employee benefits. Our total compensation package at our Portland facility includes:
- Competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage at NO cost to our employees
- Short and long term disability programs
- 401K and additional competitive retirement plan
- Paid vacations
- Career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- On-Site Fitness Center
If we sound like your kind of people, we'd love to hear from you!