SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
**Must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain secret clearance if hired (clearance not needed for this assignment)
4-5 years of experience preferred
Performing investigatory work, root cause analysis and corrective action.
Minimal hand's on work. Will be reviewing drawings, test reports, etc, to solve the issue of why the test failed.
Will be working with quality engineers and other internal engineers.
High volume of the work is specifically related to electrical failures, so they want someone who has a strong background with vehicle electronics.
No junior candidates, please
Work Hours - 7:30-4pm M-F (40 hours on 1st shift)
Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
13. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
* Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering & 3 or more years of experience
**The candidate must have previous experience with vehicle electronics
(no recent graduates, please)
* Experience with a high level cad system