The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Controls Engineer will provide electrical controls planning, design and development for Capital Investment projects per The Nature's Bounty Co. Capital Plan. In this role you will responsible to evaluate and recommend electrical control/software improvements to existing processes and facilities to improve Quality, Reliability, Productivity, and Safety. You will also provide technical assistance when needed for existing equipment and participate in selecting contractors, purchasing equipment, and materials as needed.
- Develop, source and implement project-specific industrial control systems; starting with Project Specifications through manufacturing and packaging plant startup
- Review project specifications, participate in resolution of deviations, and ensure compliance
- Coordinate with other Engineering resources on mechanical implementation of control systems
- Interface with Project Management, Manufacturing, Customer Service, and Customers to ensure successful execution of projects
- Support factory assembly, system power up and debug
- Develop, document and maintain accurate structured Engineering BOMs & Electrical Schematics
- Define, release and maintain purchased part items masters
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Review standards and compliance requirements applicable to the electrical control systems, provide recommendations as required
- Ensure compliance to industry and regional health and safety standards
- Generate project cost and lead time quotes
- Develop and generate Operation Manuals
- Up to 10% travel
- This position will have no direct reports
- Other duties may be assigned as required