Institute for Child and Family Health, Inc.
Title: Educational Tutor - All Aboard
Classification: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Location: North Dade
Reports To: After School Coordinator
Date: January 24, 2019
The Educational Tutor under the direction of the After School Coordinator will provide homework assistance and small group instruction to students participating in the ICFH/All-Aboard After School program. The Educational Tutor will be responsible for assisting the After School Coordinator with lesson planning, the Implementation of the planned lesson and assessing student progress.
● Provides homework assistance and small group instruction;
● Takes daily attendance;
● Conducts physical fitness, literacy and arts/crafts activities;
● Supervises the classrooms;
● Oversees snack time;
● Supports a nurturing, positive and safe learning environment
● Assists with preparing individual lesson plans/activities to enhance student progress.
● Uses/creates “hands-on” activities to strengthen student progress and performance.
Required Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a High School diploma or higher. Candidates must have DCF child care certification. Excellent written and oral communication. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction given in written, oral, or diagram form. Able to handle unexpected situations. Heavy direct contact with children.
Posting Period: Until Filled
Fax To: (305) 685-4208
Background Screening is required
ICFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place.