The Manager, Field Care Nursing assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Manager, Field Care Nursing works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Disease & Care Management Nursing Leader for the Edge Care Team will serve as the nursing leader within a multidisciplinary team providing whole person care for seniors with multiple chronic conditions and unmet social needs. This is a unique opportunity to help lead a team transforming the care that we provide for seniors – working to meet their social, emotional and medical needs – and help shape the necessary tech-enabled services to deliver on that experience from the ground up. This role will provide direct patient care during pilot phase and oversee a team of nurses in our target market providing direct care to patients.
The role requires experience caring for patients with complex medical and social needs and an understanding of how to provide care more efficiently and effectively with a multidisciplinary team. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about transforming our care system for patients who need it most and are driven by doing well by doing what’s right. This candidate must be an insightful risk-taker willing to thoughtfully disrupt the status quo and excited to work in a rapidly evolving start-up environment
The role of Disease & Care Management Nursing Leader will focus on the following areas:
- Serve as a thought leader in designing and then implementing the role of nurses on our multidisciplinary care team
- Develop all clinical protocols, either independently or in collaboration with other multidisciplinary care team members as relevant, for nurses on care team to use for both in person (in home and in clinic) and virtual (both tech-enabled and telephonic) case management, chronic disease management and care at points of transition
- Collaborate to determine what elements of nursing infrastructure we should use from other Humana programs and partners and what elements we should operate ourselves
- Determine state dependent nursing requirements and modify work of the care team as necessary to ensure compliance with all local policies and practices
- During pilot phase over next 6 months, provide direct patient care to test model and then oversee hiring and management of nurses in market to provide care
- Work to identity what tech-enabled services will be necessary for team to provide necessary care and work with product team on development
- 10% travel expected depending on phase of work
- BSN degree or Bachelor’s degree
- Active Registered Nurse licensure and ability to obtain appropriate licensure in our target market to provide direct patient care and oversight for team for team as necessary
- 5+ years of experience in clinical setting taking care of patients with multiple chronic conditions including but not limited to hypertension, diabetes, COPD and heart failure
- Possess deep compassion for one’s patients and strong clinical acumen
- Comfortable working in an innovative, fast-faced and self-driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- 2+ years of management experience
- Master's degree
- Experience practicing in ambulatory care settings and in providing in home care
- Experience in geriatrics and/or in providing telephonic or other tech-enabled services
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours