Summary of the Job:
CareerBuilder is looking for a Director, Product Management to drive its consumer-facing properties. In this role, you will define and drive the implementation of capabilities that will make the CareerBuilder brand relevant to consumers throughout their career whether they are actively looking for a job or not. Reporting to Sr. Director, Product (or higher), the Director will partner with engineering, data science, UX, research, and marketing to create and deliver these capabilities.
As CareerBuilder's Director, Product Management, you are an expert in attracting job seekers and keeping them engaged throughout their career journey. You have diverse experiences and skills that span understanding consumer behavior, developing a content strategy, and delivering online solutions. You are passionate about understanding what motivates people seeking career direction and use that knowledge to create empathetic, compelling, and metrics-driven solutions for those users across all channels including mobile web, mobile app, desktop, email, and social.
You are a highly analytical, detail-oriented, influential, and seasoned problem-solver with solid product management and team management experience. You have managed product P&L, defined the strategy and requirements, and successfully lead teams in delivering B2C products.
- Lead product strategy and delivery execution for consumer audiences to our mobile and desktop sites.
- Collaborating with the email, SEO, and marketing/social teams, drive increased traffic, improved retention, and more applications to listed jobs.
- Lead product strategy and delivery execution for consumer audiences to our mobile and desktop sites and in collaborating with the email and marketing/social teams, resulting in increased traffic, improved retention, and more applications to listed jobs
- Collaborate with product leadership and direct the product team in envisioning and delivering product experience strategies and requirements that elevate the consumer's experience with CareerBuilder
- Build, coordinate and maintain a backlog/inventory of system and business requirements maximizing delivery capacity
- Stay current with market trends, user preferences, client (employer) requirements, and changes to CareerBuilder products and services
- Work closely with the data, UX, and engineering teams to ensure optimal processes for delivering superior solutions to our career builders
- Measure delivery results and communicate learnings and strategy adjustments with internal stakeholders and external creative partners like our marketing team and agency of record
- Provide presentations and oral updates for executives, leadership, and the board of directors upon request
- Establish clear accountabilities among product team members and internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Make sure the product team meets deadlines and are providing clear communications to stakeholders regarding status in a timely manner
- Mentor junior staff and onboard new hires
- Provide direction to UX and development within the Agile team to ensure the highest value is delivered
- Manage budget and vendors related to work responsibilities
- Explore and recommend new programs/tactics with the potential to deliver on departmental and corporate objectives and key results
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Track record of delivering successful B2C products
- Experience with a hypothesis-based approach to product design and A/B testing
- User-centered visionary, strong facilitator, implementer, and influencer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, making sound decisions independently with a clear vision and minimal supervision
- Experience with working in a global and geographically distributed team model, across multiple time zones
- Creative problem solver with a knack for turning ambiguity into action
- Ability to develop strong networks and ensure collaboration and consensus building
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences
- Previous experience in the Talent Acquisition/CRM space is a plus
Yes this role does have supervisory responsibilities
Bachelor's or Advanced Degree preferred in Business, Statistics, Finance or related field.
Minimum Years of Experience:
- 5+ years experience in product management
- 2-3 or more years' people management experience preferred
- 2+ years experience with UX research and design methodology
- Frequent phone and computer use
- Creating written communications
- Able to sit/stand at a desk
- Able to bend, sit, stand, lift boxes or equipment (between 0-15 lbs)
- Able to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally