U.S. RENAL CARE
Dietitian - up to $7,500 signing bonus
U.S. Renal Care is in immediate need of Dietitians. Up to $7,500 signing bonus!
It is our intent at U.S. Renal Care to hire not only the best and brightest, but the most
compassionate and “just plain nice' people as well.
The Dietitian role is to assure quality nutritional care of patients and their families with chronic renal disease.
- Recommend therapeutic diets in consideration of cultural and/or personal preferences and changes in treatment based on the patient’s nutritional needs in consultation with the patient’s physician.
- Answer questions and discuss problems with dialysis patients when excessive weight-gain occurs, or when other instances of suspected dietary non-compliance occurs.
- Design and distribute educational materials concerning diet for the dialysis patient, conduct seminars and classes for dialysis patients concerning aspects of their diets.
- Perform regularly scheduled evaluations of standard menus for renal patients, revising and/or updating menus as necessary, and participate in monthly interdisciplinary patient care conference.
- Assist patients in obtaining dietary supplements as appropriate.
- Assist with program’s target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements.
- Must perform initial assessments in accordance with state regulations.
- Nutrition reassessments shall be conducted in accordance with state guidelines or more often if indicated.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Be familiar with all emergency operational procedures.
- Counsel patients, and patients’ families on prescribed diets and monitoring adherence and response to diet therapy.
- Refer patients for assistance with nutrition resources such as financial assistance, community resources or in-home assistance.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical Director and physicians.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with area nursing homes, hospitals, agencies, vendors and the community as applicable.
- Educate staff and provide in-service training in relation to patient dietary care.