Devops Site Reliability Engineer
BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Devops Site Reliability Engineer Plano, TX
Job Title: Devops Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Plano, TX
Expected Duration: 6 Months Contract with possible extension or permanent depending on performance of the candidate and client needs.
Expert in Dev Ops Engineering and design technique as well as experience working across large environments with multiple operating
systems/infrastructure for large-scale programs (e.g., Expert Engineers) starting to be firm-wide resources working on projects across JPMC
Is multi-skilled with expertise across software development lifecycle and toolset
May be recognized as a leader in Agile and cultivating teams working in Agile frameworks
Sought out as coach for at least one technical skill
Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
Stays abreast of cutting-edge technologies/trends and uses experience to influence application of those technologies/trends to support the business; may give speeches and outside the firm, writes articles
Either skills or additional skills are required
As an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll take the lead in building a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative solutions.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
* Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components (e.g., routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
'We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.'
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 126961 when responding to this ad.