CareerBuilder is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to help us transform our digital workplace.
This position will be primarily focused on endpoint systems architecture and design regarding modern management of Windows 10 and Mac from operating system deployment to configuration and enforcement of policies. The Infrastructure Engineer is a customer / user focused engineer that performs level 3 support, research, policy development, software packaging, configuration management, imaging, patch management, and new technologies for the End User Computing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Lead the workplace transformation by defining and managing our technical landscape, technology strategy, and architecture for end-user computing. Accountable for the delivery of desktop management best practices, developing and delivery agile methodologies for Windows desktop and device management and overall software distribution and support.
- Provide architecture and engineering expertise through SCCM and Endpoint Manager (Intune + Autopilot), Desktop GPOs and similar tools/products.
- Design and build a strategic roadmap for the technology lifecycle and standards.
- Managing end-user compute software by coordinating with different application teams for testing and compatibility testing.
- Build, support and maintain enterprise corporate systems and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure including performing infrastructure maintenance activities such as: patching, capacity planning, monitoring, configuration management, troubleshooting and resolving highly complex production problems.
- Lead workplace modernization effort working closely with Global Service Operations Teams to implement technology roadmap, with a focus on the user experience.
- Build strong internal partnerships with the user community - Continuous Service Improvement (CSO) approach to process improvement.
- Build and maintain systems in such a way that exceeds regulatory requirements.
- Ensure security is and remains critical in the design requirements and in the implementation of infrastructure.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business partners to assist in the requirements definition process, and gain a clear understanding of the appropriate business requirements.
- Play a key role in working with the project team members to develop requirements, scope documents and project estimates.
- Provide oversight to project team members on infrastructure best practices.
- Lead the creation of technical design documents on complex projects.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security risks.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree. MCP, MCP or MCSE preferred.
- 5+ years' experience with Microsoft office technologies including Windows10, SCCM, Active Directory, Microsoft O365, Microsoft Endpoint Manager / Intune and Auto Pilot.
- 3+ years' experience with virtualization technologies including VMWare vSphere, Citrix, and/or other virtualization technologies.
- Experience in creating and deploying images, package development, Windows OS, and Group Policy
- Experienced in asset management tools and techniques
- Experience in monitoring operations and providing metrics
- Hands-on hardware support experience
- Must possess proven analytical ability and high-level technical background
- Ability to prioritize and complete project tasks within required deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in diverse situations with all levels of management, vendors, customers (internal), and peers
- Experience following ITIL standards.
- Proven experience designing and leading workstation modernization efforts, including creating and updating documentation as part of infrastructure implementations.
- Proven ability to write and/or implement scripts for automation.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a customer-focused attitude
- Prior leadership and mentoring to other system engineers and support team members
- Skilled in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with Mac Endpoint Management, including JAMF and Enterprise Connect
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as CIS, PCI-DSS, NIST, ISO-27001, and HiTrust is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Azure Active Directory and OKTA or any Identity & Access Management Platform
- Understanding and awareness of the business impact of critical incidents.
- General understanding of business processes