Who We Are:
This is an exciting time at CareerBuilder as we continue the rapid growth of our global HR Software as a Service operation. Fueled by technology that is years ahead of the competition, we're doing something the industry has never seen before: unifying the recruiter experience in one pre-hire platform that is always on, is data-driven and is easy to use. You'll see us expand into more markets with innovative products and services that are changing the way companies recruit new talent around the world. Whether you're interested in our technology, sales or corporate support roles, you'll have the opportunity to do something extraordinary. Our employees are what drive our success and are at the very core of our identity.
We have an immediate need for a Data Warehouse Developer Engineer to join our team in Norcross. Our team is aligned with providing business intelligence to our global markets. If you have a passion for learning, live and breathe data, enjoy working in open source environments, believe in data quality, then we invite you to apply.
The BI team is looking for a Mid level Data warehouse Developer. As part of this team you will be working on the technology platforms that are at the core of what we do at CareerBuilder for analytics. Your contributions will make a big difference in our ability to provide analytics to our end users from data that we have captured on multiple platforms. You'll have a chance to make a visible impact on success of products across the company. You will create data processing tools to move data from Big Query platform to in house data platforms or to Amazon hosted platforms. You will create and maintain APIs to talk to data in the warehouse.
Some of the environments you will be exposed to:
- Microsoft SSIS , SSAS, SSRS, data modelling
- Big Query
- AWS, redshift, dynamo dB
- Python and /R
- VB & C#.NET
- Rest APIs
- GitHub & TFS for version control, Amazon Web Services *Microsoft's Web API, REST Web Services
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of hands on experience in four areas of BI and mastery in at least one area; Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics, and Reporting.
- 1+ years of hands on experience with a scripting language such as Python or R
- 1+Big Data technologies (Distributed Computing platforms such as Hadoop and Spark, NoSQL databases, Distributed Real-time Systems, Big Query)
- Experienced in project scoping and project planning iterations.
- Willing to do deep dives into new research areas to solve data problems.
- Good written and verbal skills and an effective communicator. Be a team player with strong empathy for our internal and external customers. Ability to effectively collaborate with R&D team members as well as across teams.
- We look for passionate engineers that love working with technology and see this as a long term profession, not just another job; ideally you have at least a couple of years as a DW Developer Engineer with hands on experience in four areas of BI and mastery in at least one area; Data Integration, Modeling, Analytics, and Reporting.
- This is a multi-paradigm team so you should have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming principles and object-oriented analysis and design techniques, but also an interest or knowledge of functional programming. You should also know how to effectively utilize data structures and build out solutions to scale.
- You should be Self-organizing, solution-oriented project contributor with a functional understanding of BI solutions and multi-dimensional modeling.
This role will be based out of our Atlanta office, but given the current COVID-19 environment, all teams are working remotely until it is safe to return to the office.