Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Scientist is part of Optum Corporate Marketing and Customer Office and supports Optum Health and Optum Care.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create and deliver standard consumer insights around consumer profiling, market sizing, and target market analysis to key stakeholders
- Develop predictive models based on demographic, psychographic, econometric and statistical data that deliver insights related to member enrollment
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
- Responsible for implementing robust testing strategies leading to marketing optimizations, program effectiveness and attribution of marketing mix elements
- Develop presentations around insights to be delivered to constituents at all levels: strategic, tactical, operational, and across function: marketing, operations, finance, sales
- Jointly solution, with key business areas, around the appropriate analytics tools to solve their business issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative / business field such as Economics, Statistics, or Business Management
- 3+ years of statistical modeling experience in applications such as SAS Enterprise Miner, Stata, SQL or R
- Solid knowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within a population
- Proficiency in distilling insights and presenting to business leadership
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., cluster analysis, inferential statistics)
- Marketing experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist II, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Economics, Statistics, Business Management, SAS Enterprise Miner, Stata, SQL, R, Statistical Modeling, Consumer Rights, Marketing, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Optum, UHG