BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Data Engineer for our client based in Peoria, IL.
• Position Title: Data Engineer
• Location: Peoria, IL
• Anticipated start date: ASAP
• 12 Months with possible extension
The main function of a data engineer is to ensure that the data assets of an organization are supported by an architecture that supports the organization in achieving its strategic goal. A typical data engineer is responsible for setting enterprise standards for databases, data integration, and the means to get to the data
- Support DG Leadership to institutionalize data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's data by working with various data stewards and any business leads to escalate issues and resolve conflicts related to data governance policies and procedures.
- Continue to support DG Leadership & Program Office on Data Governance overall progress and adherence to defined roadmap Help manage, execute and support Cat Digital data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of policies, procedures, organization, and capabilities. Support the DG Office to roll out Cat Digital data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of regulatory and legal compliance, data quality, efficiency, and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior, policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, and related tools
- Solve cross-domains data governance issues and escalate as needed Help define, measure and monitor indicators of conformance and established key performance metrics. Work with data owners and technology owners to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning. Develop & maintain inventory of customer, dealer, and asset data, including authoritative systems and data owners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements with hands-on experience on MDM tools, data modeling/architecture, meta-data applications and DQM methodology Help establish and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities
Technical Skills Required
- Solid hand-on knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets, and approaches related to data protection in a multi-domain environment.
- At least 10 years of significant experience in a data governance discipline and deep knowledge of MDM, DQM, data integration or data management; a deep understanding of MDM technology customer, vendors, products and end-user strategies.
- Knowledge of data related legal and regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
Soft Skills Required
- Ability to articulate vision of transformation efforts and a sense of mission Ability to manage senior relationships across all the business and functional areas Exceptional skills in the art of influencing others Strong communicator.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCForward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 112342 when responding to this ad.