Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Engineer works closely with key business data and designs solutions by which information is loaded into and extracted from key IT and business systems. This position will leverage key development, database, reporting, analytic, and business intelligence skills across a diverse and multi-faceted application landscape.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Reviews and analyzes on-going customer requests (for new data elements to be brought into the existing model, for customizations or cross-walking of existing data elements, for computation of new fields based on customer-provided business logic, combinations of existing data elements, etc.)
- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value. Participates in multiple concurrent projects
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Develops complete descriptions of all specifications and solutions required
- Develops common operations, which can be reused
- Devises data verification and quality methods and standard systems procedures that will be used to support Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms
- Understand and apply unique programming/scripting languages specific to software engineering
- Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design
- Learns user functions, organization and role in the enterprise to the extent required
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field (4+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of strong ETL experience, SQL Server experience (Version 2005 or higher), T-SQL experience
- 3+ years of strong Visual Studio (Version 2005 or higher), SQL SSIS experience, SQL Performance Tuning
- 3+ years of strong Software Design/Development
- 3+ years of strong Visualization Tools (SSRS, Tableau, Power BI)
- 1+ years of experience working closely with business and IT stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise class solutions
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience gathering business requirements
- Experience developing OLAP cubes for business intelligence applications and reporting
- Background in the healthcare industry
- Develop analysis and design of transactional systems and/or programs
- Assist subordinates with debugging whenever necessary
- Build instrumentation and diagnostics to support integration of maintenance into development
- Develop self-documenting functions, API’s and/or micro-services
- Expertise in working closely with business and IT stakeholders to define problems and design large-scale, enterprise class solutions in a leadership role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Data Engineering, Quality, ETL, SQL, Software Design, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote