UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work. (sm)
As a Data Analytics Consultant within our Part D Financial Planning and Analytics team you will join a multi-disciplinary team focused on plan optimization with a drive towards unprecedented growth and affordability.
Core job functions will include being the subject matter expert and lead analyst on core processes and data infrastructure that are utilized throughout the business, allowing the acceleration and expansion of strategic insight generation and decision-making capabilities.
In addition, role will be asked to provide adhoc analysis and end to end reporting from business question to solution. Your work will have a significant impact on the pharmacy costs for millions of members, all while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking ability
- Excellent time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate, identify and diagnose problems
- Goal-directed, persistent and driven to achieve positive results. Is positive influence on others and deals well with setbacks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. applied mathematics, physics, computer science) or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of Big Data experience using SQL and / or SAS demonstrating expert level proficiency
- 4+ years of experience working with large databases to create meaningful, usable data structures to quickly and efficiently solution high priority business needs
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Work with healthcare claims and data infrastructure
- Experience visualizing data in Tableau or PowerBI
At UnitedHealthcare, we're addressing the social drivers of health - and helping to change the broader circumstances of members' lives - providing greater stability, access, and wellbeing that can allow members to rise out of poverty. What's more important than that? So join us and lead initiatives to influence state or national policy and do your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Engineer, Sr Data Engineer, Data Engineer, Data Engineering, UHC, UHC M&R Finance, M&R, Big Data, SQL, SAS, Analytics, Database, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota