Customer Service Representative
Boro Park, Brooklyn, NY
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) provides sales and service support to the branch by acquiring new clients, offering suitable Bank products/services that add value to the customer, performing branch/platform related functions and processing account maintenance transactions. The incumbent in this role will conduct business ethically, thoroughly communicating to current and prospective clients the facts and features of various products, accounts and services that Apple Bank has to offer. The CSR opens new accounts and may process monetary transactions when necessary, resolves customer issues and builds relationships based on trust. The CSR recommends solutions based on customer needs and will refer the customer to a licensed representative of ABS Associates of NY, Inc. when appropriate. This position builds mutually beneficial and long-term relationships by providing a positive customer experience, exceeding service expectations and identifying customer needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fulfills customer service needs by resolving service related issues efficiently and provides an excellent customer experience during all interactions; meets customer expectations in terms of accuracy and timeliness in a professional manner.
- Establishes, retains, and deepens relationships with potential and existing customers to achieve team sales goals.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge of Apple Bank’s products and services to appropriately meet client needs.
- Engages in discussions with customers to understand their needs in order to provide relevant solutions.
- Recognizes sales opportunities and offers suitable bank products and services that add value to new and existing customers.
- Refers customers to licensed representatives of ABS Associates of NY, Inc. when appropriate.
- Processes monetary and file maintenance transactions accurately.
- Communicates the rules and regulations to customers including information pertaining to FDIC protection, upon the opening of new accounts.
- Complies with regulatory, security and audit procedures and policies; adheres to the Bank’s Code of Conduct and operational controls to ensure the safety and security of the client, as well as Bank assets.
- Protects the Bank against loss by ensuring that all new account procedures, including CIP and BSA requirements are adhered to.
- Ensures that records are accurate; maintains records of incomplete, incorrect or outstanding customer files in order to ensure proper follow-up.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preparation and completion of reports.
- Performs non-CSR duties on a periodic basis, including but not limited to: working or operating a teller window.
- Assists with the training of newly-hired CSRs and Universal Bankers.
- Participates in special projects/assignments as required.
- Helps with the opening and closing of vault, safe and ATM (Automatic Teller Machine).
- Maintains and builds technical/professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and training programs.
- Ensures the customer area of branch is kept orderly and properly supplied (deposit and withdrawal tickets, ATM envelopes, changing the rate boards, dates on writing desks, etc.)
- Displays willingness to be cross-trained in other branch functions.
- Works weekend and extended hours or at neighboring branch locations when needed.
Skills, Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years of experience developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals in banking, financial, or insurance industry; retail bank customer service or prior banking experience preferred.
- Prior experience in fostering and developing strong customer relationships.
- Possesses a general understanding of bank operations (risk, compliance, fraud, loss, etc.).
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Exhibits an ability to present a confident and professional demeanor with customers.
- Displays excellent listening, communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Displays professional telephone skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and accuracy skills.
- Must have strong computer skills and an ability to adapt to evolving technology advancements.
Must be able to work on Saturdays and late on Thursdays.
Skills, Education & Experience
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives.
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and team members.
- Displays sound judgment and discretion when utilizing confidential information.
- Ability to think creatively in order to solve problems.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.