Customer Line Specialist – Garden City, New York
The Customer Line Specialist provides exemplary, friendly, and accurate service to all customers, both internal and external, who contact Apple Bank through various channels, including telephone, online banking and e-mail. The Specialist will deliver service in conjunction with established guidelines and in adherence to averages for call handle time and assist with or resolve customer issues in a thorough and timely manner, while adhering to Apple Bank’s Customer Line and Complaint Management policies and procedures.
The Specialist is responsible for promoting, describing and explaining all Bank products and services in a courteous and professional manner in order to meet the customer’s financial needs. In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for implement coaching and feedback in order to meet department call and quality standards on every customer interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers by promoting, describing and explaining all Bank products and adhering to call quality and services standards.
- Promotes professional, timely, friendly and accurate service to internal and external customers.
- Make decisions, problem solve and complete file maintenance related to customer interactions.
- Comply with Bank and departmental policies and procedures.
- Accurately verifies, documents, and process all customer transactions.
- Safeguard customer accounts and information for privacy and accuracy and adhere to call authentication procedures.
- Identify and escalate calls related to areas of concern or suspicious nature and ensure safeguarding of customer information and data.
- Asks probing questions to gain understanding of and resolve customers’ financial needs.
- Educates customers on Apple’s products and services to meet their financial needs.
- Teach customers about Digital banking solutions.
- Improve performance based on feedback and coaching received from call recording analysis or management observation to ensure delivery of call center service/quality standards and individual and departmental goals.
- Ensure first call resolution on every customer interaction.
- Resolve complaints by communicating with other departments and/or partners as needed while adhering to Apple’s Complaint Management policies and procedures.
- Recognize and escalate customer or process issues to management.
- Records appropriate Call Classification wrap-up codes on every call.
- Navigate system applications as needed to resolve inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a banking environment; call center experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; including proper grammar and diction.
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
- Demonstrates strong customer service skills.
- Candidate must have exposure to online banking application usage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel & PowePoint).
- Working knowledge of online and mobile banking systems and bill payment service.
- Polished telephone skills with the ability to maintain quality of service under pressure.
- Ability to multitask between multiple systems.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to adhere to a pre-determined schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.