Duration: 12 Months
Responsible for locating and notifying customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment.
This role will be very involved in district Collections efforts and will be responsible for functions related to administration of project data, invoices and all accounts payable matters; maintenance of vendor information and preparation and updating of commission, financial and other reports.
Skills and Competencies:
Verbal and written communication skills, customer service and negotiation skills.
Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
Knowledge of legal and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to collections.
Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, and any other related collections software a plus.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
Locate and monitor overdue accounts.
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, services, or credit contracts.
Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims or non-payable checks, or to return merchandise.
Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers’ financial situations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Makes collection calls to customers in support of the accounts receivable collection efforts for the district.
• Provides detailed accounts receivable report to customers, including invoices
• Establishes new vendors and keep active vendors’ information updated in Windchill
• Processes Florida District requisitions for certain indirect purchases.
• Receives invoices in Oracle and routes invoices to Accounts Payable for processing
• Answers customer and employee questions concerning open payables.
• Provides internal reports and queries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and as needed basis.
• Responsible for the completion of general accounting projects as assigned.
• Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE :
Associate's degree (A. A.) in Finance, Accounting or Business from two-year college and at least three (3) years accounting or related experience.
Minimum of three (3) years of Collection (Accounts Receivable) experience required.
Working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products required.
Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills necessary.
Knowledge/experience with Oracle and PeopleSoft a plus.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.