The Contract Specialist performs contracting tasks working with internal program offices to determine appropriate procurement strategy while ensuring compliance with the procurement policies and procedures. The role will encompass a wide range of responsibilities in support of the procurement department, including but not limited to: contract management and reporting, market research, preparing contractual documentation, and providing advice and recommendations in all areas of the acquisition planning, solicitation and contract performance phases.
- Independently manages actives involving the procurement of goods and services. Identify business needs, analysis and implement necessary strategies.
- Performs contract administration activities for selected contracts and assists in the monitoring of contractor's performance.
- Negotiates and supports modifications to contracts and conducts analysis of alternatives for action within he's/her portfolio.
- Provide and support implementation of business solutions by building partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Apply procurement policies and procedures to all procurement actions
- Administer the procurement division contract management system and requirements to effectively maintain the system.
- Effectively work to perform independent duties involving auditing, training and developing new procedures for contract management system updates.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Will consider relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience: A Minimum of 2years of experience in procurement and contract management.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of contracting methods, contract types, and pre-and post-award contracting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, laws, statues, Executive Orders, regulations.
- Knowledge of procedures applicable to pre-award and/or post-award actions sufficient to procure and/or administer contracts for a variety of specialized equipment, services, and/or construction, or to conduct studies of problem areas and develop standard methods and operating procedures.
Technology: High level competency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint). Experience using SharePoint for storage of electronic files and accessing SOPs, templates, and calendars.
At least 2 years of relevant working experience applying procurement policies and producers, knowledge of GSA schedule and other strategic sourcing procurement vehicles. Working knowledge of managing a procurement management system.