We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Operations Analyst to join our Portland, OR team.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, coaching and support for all continuous improvement activities for EVRAZ focusing on critical productivity gains, product quality and cost reductions. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
*Lead projects aimed at improving the safety, quality, and productivity of EVRAZ utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods. Project will require cross departmental collaboration with all departments and will have regular interaction with executive management.
* Training, coach and resource for Lean Manufacturing initiatives (6S, root cause analysis, quick changeover, lean cells, daily management, and standard work).
* Develop processes that will improve quality, increase throughput/productivity, and improve key business metrics such as cycle time and time attainment.
* Eliminating waste throughout the workplace creating a safe and more efficient environment.
* Develop control systems that help in analysis of costs and planning of finances.
* Analyze workforce utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of manpower and equipment.
* Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Engineering/ related field or high school diploma with a minimum of five years manufacturing supervisory experience
- Experience leading projects aimed at improving the safety, quality, and productivity utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods required
- Strong continuous improvement background (practical or educational experience)
- Knowledgeable in lean methodologies, statistical analysis and/ or six sigma.
- Outgoing, energetic, passionate and positive attitude about change
Strategic and clear thinker, able to analyze complex problems and propose and implement creative solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively work independently
- Must be able to sell ideas and influence others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.