Work Location: Glen Allen, VA or Maryland Heights, MO
- Job Summary:
- This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development.
- Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development.
- Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities.
- Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture.
- Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop code that is scalable, maintainable, efficient and elegant.
- Earnestly look for improvements that can be made to existing solutions, and proposes plans to make those improvements.
- Provides technical leadership for the portfolio of applications managed by an IT Service Owner.
- Drives the usability and quality of the software developed within the area.
- Ensures technical currency is maintained within the applications within the portfolio.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a senior Technical Leader.
- Coaches and mentors other software engineers across teams on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning.
- Reviews and implement corrective and preventive measures based on metrics across portfolio of applications including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
- Master Agile (Scrum and Kanban) development processes, techniques, and technologies.
- Code, test, debug, and generate documentation for applications.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Programming or other technical field. Equivalent related field experience will be considered.
- Candidates must have experience working in Oracle Application - Financials Version r12 and/or higher.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud.
- Industry experience in managed care, healthcare or insurance is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years programming and analysis experience in required systems.
- Proficient in Oracle Forms / Reports , BI reporting , UNIX / Korn-Shell Scripting, Oracle/SQL Querying (understanding an Oracle database and ability to write queries), PL/SQL Programming (packages, stored procedures and functions) and experience using TOAD or SQL Developer Software.
- Candidate must be comfortable working with business owner who is hands on.
- Looking for Oracle Application Developer for supporting Oracle ERP.
- Comfortable with, and be able to thrive in, a fun, hardworking, ever-changing, and self-driven environment.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment.
Additional Job Description
Agile, Devops and Cloud requirements:
- Creates and maintains fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using industry standard toolchains.
- Acts as expert for automated testing strategies, including TDD and ATDD.
- Working knowledge of creating microservices and RESTful API's, including understanding of HATEOS, custom headers, and best practices.
- Understand advanced concepts of containers (Docker, Kubernetes), microservices, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Develop highly scalable applications in AWS cloud-native, managed services not limited to AWS EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora, CloudFormation, and CodePipeline.
- Identify and track key metrics produced by the application.
- Perform load and performance testing on the applications and have advanced troubleshooting ability to tune the application to scale.
- Experience with Git and Gitflow philosophies.