The Consolidations Senior Accountant is responsible for various accounting duties related to our U.S and international subsidiaries. The Consolidations Senior Accountant is expected to take ownership of the consolidation process and ensure information is received, processed, and analyzed timely. Responsibilities also include various deliverables related to monthly/quarterly internal and external reporting as well as external auditor deliverables. The Senior Accountant will also be involved in various cross-functional projects in support of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Supports month-end closing activities, including preparation and posting of journal entries and consolidation/elimination entries. Ensures that all entries are properly supported.
2. Ensure elimination of all inter-company accounts within the company's materiality threshold.
3. Performs variance analysis for assigned areas of responsibility and partners with corporate department leaders and other corporate personnel to ensure variances are adequately explained.
4. Assists with the maintenance of the HFM hierarchy and chart of accounts as well as maintains a thorough understanding of financial reporting and general ledger structure.
5. Prepares various audit schedules as required during the annual audit and quarterly reviews and responds to internal and external audit requests as needed.
6. Ensures compliance with applicable SOX controls.
7. Assists with special projects and other duties as needed.
Critical and Essential Tasks
1. Ability to interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
2. Demonstrated proficiency using HFM/Essbase and Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills.
3. Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
4. Ability to leverage others within the organization to diligently gather facts.
1. Ideal candidates will possess 4-7 years of accounting experience.
2. Experience with HFM and Essbase a must.
3. Experience with PeopleSoft, and Blackline a plus.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university.
2. CPA required.
EZCORP participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.