• As a company of choice, the incumbent will maintain engineering specifications and other related technical records.
• Compiles and classifies data to existing product records, establishes new product files, changes specification records to suit engineering revisions.
• Provides information as requested by the engineering department, sales department, cost accounting, etc., having to do with product, unit and part numbers and specifications, standard relationships, drawing numbers, etc.; issues new drawing numbers, part identification numbers, etc., through the operation of an established control system.
• Assists supervisor in analyzing and correlating specifications to standardized units and parts on related products to affect interchangeable parts, reduce manufacturing cost, cost of inventories, etc.
• May oversee/conduct other related activities.
• Manages the implementation of CDM Procedures and operating instructions. Develops new operations aimed at improving overall department efficiency.
• Accepts responsibility for such items as CI Identification, Change Control, configuration status accounting (CSA) and audit preparations.
• Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
• Reviews Request for Proposals (RFP’s) to identify special CDM requirements
• Reviews SOW’s and SOR’s, for CDM requirements, determine if our current system can accommodate requirements.
• Provide input for selection and identification of hardware/software configuration end items.
• Supports contractual baselines and schedules
• Coordinates CDM requirements with Customer representatives
• Conducts a project CCB.
• Performs job task utilizing MRP/ERP and document management applications.
• Process engineering change requests (ECR’s), Government ECP’s, Requests for deviation and request for waiver through the data management system.
• Provides Status Accounting reports.
• Assists with formal and informal configuration audits.