BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Communications Specialist - Junior for our client based in Chicago, IL 60603
- Position Title: Communications Specialist - Junior
- Location: Chicago, IL 60603
- Anticipated start date: 06/22/2021
- 6 months with possible extension
- No Sponsorship is provided at this time- Must be W2 (If you are using C2C you can remove this statement)
Corporate Communications is responsible for internal communications to US colleagues and primary accountability to North American Commercial Banking business. The role involves supporting general activities occurring in the US.
This individual will be working in a collaborate collaborative, professional, and friendly environment. MS Teams is available throughout the day for team members to communicate. There are weekly team meetings to kickstart the week, and one-on-ones to provide on-going feedback to share areas of opportunities for improvement. Teams are very supportive of one another. The ideal candidate is a well-seasoned, tech-savvy individual with asset management experience and is passionate about managing events end-to-end. The candidate must be organized, enjoys keeping busy in an agile working environment, and is highly skilled at virtual communication!
Role Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Drafting internal communication - writing, revising, distributing, and posting (dependent on the news and who it is applicable to)
* Working with a resource to post stories onto internal portal
* Obtaining approvals from key partners
* Pushing things through the systems and emails to employees
* Partaking in different communications initiatives and administrative functions
* Drafting press releases by using previous communications as examples
* Drafting all internal stories AP style
* Distributing articles and posts as needed
* Ensuring consistency of messages through corporate platforms
* Collaborating with entire communications team
* Ability to generate ideas and create graphical designs using design applications
* Effectively coordinate and interface with various departments
* 2+ years of experience in Corporate Communications
* Experience in Corporate Communications - both internal and external
* Proficient in MS Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
* Experience in press releases and how to format a press release
* Knowledge of AP Style writing
* Strong communication skills - verbal and written
* Familiar with communication tactics - planning and writing
* Proven clarity and creativity in all forms of communication
* Previous banking experience
* Graphic design skills (Adobe Create Cloud - InDesign, Illustrator, Photo Shop)
* Previous role or internship in related field
* Social media background
* Team Player
* Quick Learner
* Self-Starter / Self-Motivated
* Attention to Detail
* Eager to learn and wants to try new things!
* Undergraduate Degree / College Degree in related field
* MS Teams
* 30 Minutes
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 135520 when responding to this ad.