The Auto Club Group (ACG) provides membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to approximately 9 million members and customers across 11 states and 2 U.S. territories through the AAA, Meemic and Fremont brands. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation and is the second largest AAA club in North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn about the Auto Club Group and assigned business line products and services by receiving training through corporate education and/or on-the-job training. Assignments are based on business line needs, but should encompass professional level work that may include: gathering information, providing analysis and drawing conclusions and/or developing recommendations, conducting department business/system audits, developing reports, performing mathematical calculations for various transactions, selling and servicing of various ACG/affiliated products, etc. Good performers are eligible to return.
- Must be available during the entire internship period as determined by department
- Project-focused, with specific group assignments and time to work together as a team
- Individual assignments to assist Intern in gaining understanding of the day-to-day aspects of working in the department
- Other program components as determined by department
Product Management Intern:
Interns will be given a comprehensive overview of product management. Their learning journey will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Introduction to ACG auto Product, Membership, AAA Drive, ACG Mobile App and Digital channels
- Create concepts for teen driving
- Insurance Pricing 101 (Earned premium, frequency, severity, incurred loss, paid loss, development of losses
- Introduction to how insurance and technology intersect
- Competitive analysis
- Create a mock up of applications' functionality
- Document features, roadmap, explain applications' uniqueness
- Collaborate with marketing, etc.
- Learn and adapt to corporate cultures and processes and provide own relevant and effective experience and best practices
- Be comfortable in an environment where responsibilities are broadly defined, resources are limited, and collaboration is critical to success
- Ability to provide good service to internal and/or external customers
Works in a temperature-controlled office environment. May require ability to travel to offsite locationsQualifications
Post for all College Intern Positions:
Minimum 3.0 GPA
Sophomore and/or Junior (determined by department)
Full-time enrollment - Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college/university
Must be enrolled in their college/university career development internship program(s)
Legally authorized to work in the United States
Providing timely solutions to problems
PC software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
Multi-tasking and appropriately prioritizing tasks to ensure meeting business line goals
Basic math calculations to accurately perform various types of transactions
Field of study that aligns with assigned business line
Work from May to August or rotational schedule(s)
Ability to learn the following:
Acquire knowledge of ACG products, services and functions to perform the responsibilities of assigned job
Assist internal/external client in response to questions, requests and resolution of problems
Review records, system files, reports, etc. to ensure correct information is reflected and/or assigned.
Gather data and prepare/track reports
Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public
Assist and/or develop reports/presentations/recommendations for management review
Rotate within department/field location to cross-train on various business line functions
Work independently and on teamsSkills Needed:
Oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Analytical and critical thinking skills
Be technically savvy
The Auto Club Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a base salary with performance based incentives; medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), generous time off, a complimentary AAA Membership and much more!
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
The Auto Club Group, and all of its affiliated companies, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.