The Collections Manager will be tasked with building and managing the collections team at Gavilon. Responsible for creating guidelines, policies and proper procedures for the team. Along with tracking financial metrics around the accounts receivable for the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in Gavilon’s implementation of the HighRadius system. Upon a successful go-live, act as the business liaison to the software company
- Responsible for building, training and managing a team of collectors
- Analyze Gavilon’s collection strategies and ensure compliance to all. Draft and maintain collections policy and procedures manual.
- Expert knowledge of state collection laws and requirements.
- Research delinquent accounts and determine reasons for overdue payments, and negotiate resolutions within Gavilon guidelines
- Analyzes and records all appropriate adjustments and provides timely education/training where errors occurred.
- Responsible for accurate, responsive preparation and reporting of financial and accounting information.
- Adhere to appropriate accounting practices, principles, and internal controls.
- Responsible for developing and distributing collections reports to management team
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adjust and interact with all levels within the company
- Track metrics associated with promise to pay results and bad debt write-offs.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
Other Job Functions:
- Additional tasks as assigned by department and/or management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial focus
- 10+ years working collections, accounts receivable, or customer service
- Experience in accounting and customer service strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle difficult conversations in a professional manner
- Excellent conflict management, teambuilding, and motivational skills.
- History working with various accounting systems, including Oracle, SAP, etc..
- Experience with collection software required. Specific experience with HighRadius preferred
- Travel up to 10% of the time will be required on an as needed basis.