The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drive elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum Insights, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work on diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create
- Work with cloud native stack
- Define and implement technical solutions to meet business needs through Agile process
- Foster high-performance, collaborative technical work resulting in high-quality output
- Proactively automate infrastructure, application and services to enable an automated delivery through the CICD pipelines to the cloud
- Gather and analyze data to aide in informed decision-making while providing detailed, realistic estimates
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of public cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 1+ years of experience with API ingestion, file ingestion, batch transformation, metadata management, monitoring, pub / sub consumption, RDBMS ingestion and real-time transformation
- 1+ years of professional experience on Azure
- 1+ years of Experience provisioning cloud services using Terraform or similar methodologies
- Experience in scripting languages like Python
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Fortify, Sonar)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Linux
- Experience working with data intensive application and big data technologies
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working on Azure services like Azure AI ML, Azure API Management
- Have expertise in designing, deploying, and monitoring a highly scalable microservice based architecture
- Experience building restful web services with OAuth 2.0
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Experience with server-side development language such as Java, C# or Python, GoLang
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Austin, TX, Texas