Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
The Cloud Engineer on this team will be a crucial role. This is a great role for anyone willing to have end to end exposure on cloud technologies - Data Engineering as well as Infrastructure aspects. This team is knee-deep on Cloud technologies, best practices around developing Infrastructure-as-Code, data engineering and prides itself on solving novel cloud challenges on a daily basis. We take learning, PoCing and mentorship seriously and work towards enabling all team members so as to collectively move ahead in market enablement. Needless to say, this team is consulted on a regular basis by other cloud based teams on how-tos. This is the place if you want to be working in a fact paced environment with elite engineering.
- Working to automate general asks from clients via terraform/python/bash, work closely with engineering to understand (and develop) the product offerings, work towards automating testing and add to test suite
- This role is a mix of engineering, Production Operations and reliability engineering
- Show initiative jumping to resolve client technical issues by digging deep in the code themselves and working with engineering, where necessary
- The technical challenges that the role would require a mix of AWS knowledge (AWS/Terraform/Python, etc.) and Data Engineering knowledge (Scala/Spark/Hive/Glue/Athena, etc.)
- Willing to learn and take end to end ownership of resolving issues and work with engineering to reduce the frequency of similar issues by architecting modular/scalable solutions
- Required to create dashboards (Cloudwatch, Splunk, Billing), work towards creating better logs, participate in PR reviews, make code changes, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years professional experience in a technical role (Cloud DevOps, Cloud Inspection Operations engineer, Cloud ProOps, Software Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, etc.)
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) (specifically: IAM, S3, VPC/networking, EMR, Step Functions, Lambda) OR Microsoft Azure experience ( Active Directory, Data Factory, Functions, Data Lake Storage, Blob)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to create dashboards (Cloudwatch/Billing/Splunk, etc.)
- Ability to pick up and start to contribute in languages like Terraform, Python, Scala, etc.
- Eagerness to pick up and learn Spark/Scala/Athena, etc. to help clients with scaling their queries, ETL operations
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Python experience, bash/linux scripting experience
- Cloud certifications like AWS Associate or Professional Architect, etc.
- DevOps certifications
- CI/CD experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: I O Engineer, Austin, TX, Eden Prairie, MN