Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
- On-Site Solutions clinical team members including providers and non-providers.
- On-Site Solutions Administrative clinical partners.
- External care services within vicinity of Employer Solutions sites.
The Clinical Specialist - RN provides Employer Solutions sites and staff on-site clinical consulting, guidance and assistance in providing efficient delivery of quality medical care services. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, site setup/implementation, employee/provider orientation, training and development, policy implementation, ensuring Joint Commission compliance, working side by side shifts with staff members, providing patient care, problem identification/resolution, chart audits and site decommissioning. This role will require at least 80% travel to Employer Solutions client locations across multiple states along with providing administrative support to On-Site Solutions leadership.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to make each customer feel informed, understood and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
- Works in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff to provide efficient delivery of quality medical care services.
- Conducts virtual and site based orientation and training for clinical staff and providers.
- Partners with clinical managers to implement policies, conduct chart audits and ensure Joint Commission compliance.
- Works side by side with clinical staff and providers to identify opportunities to enhance efficiency, clinical skills, adherence to policies/procedures/processes, etc.
- Serves as resource for clinic set up, implementation or decommissioning.
- Builds extensive knowledge of Employer Solutions policies, processes, workflows and metrics.
- Applies the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Complies with and follows policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Complies with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintains and complies with all MedExpress, Optum and Urgent Care Accreditation site assessment requirements.
- Participates in quality improvement projects to include the following topics: patient/primary care provider relationship, accessibility to care, comprehensiveness of care, continuity and/or coordination of care and clinical study.
- Provides assistance to Employer Solutions leadership team during non-travel weeks to include administrative, policy, procedures, chart audits, etc.
- Keeps up to date, adheres to and complies with the Expense Reimbursement Policy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current state licensure.
- Must be licensed or willing to obtain licensure within an identified timeframe in states with Employer Solutions sites and additional states sites expand to.
- Ability to travel at least 80% to any states Employer Solutions provides services.
- Minimum 2-3 years clinical experience in related field strongly recommended and preferred.
- Required to maintain CME’s as applicable for licensure.
- CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA and HIPAA requirements.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems (EMR) used in clinical management settings.
- Perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Nursing and other such regulating bodies.
- Strong commitment to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Ability to transparently communicate complex concepts and strategies and work cross-functionally in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.61 to $45.72 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment..
Job Keywords: Clinical Specialist, RN, Employer Solutions, Telecommute