Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways tohelp people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensivetraining program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities foradvancement. Join us and start doing yourlife's best work.SM
Like you, UnitedHealthGroup is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance todeliver high - quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be akey component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make everycontact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers.You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members aboutprogram benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bringyour skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full - time(40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility towork any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8amto 4:30pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to workoccasional overtime. Our office is located at 9020 Stony Point Pkwy #400,Richmond, VA.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we'reproviding support during this global health crisis and search for a way you canget involved. View our Covid - 19 Resources Page at: https://info.uhg.com/
This is high volume, customer service environment. You'll need to be efficient, productive and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. You also must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening hours.
- Manage administrative intake of members
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services from members and / or providers
- Process incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents / triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and / or providers
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save documents and spreadsheets) and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will berequired to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) orsimilar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealthGroup building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition,employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working within the health care Industry and with health care insurance
- Experience working in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 and CPT codes
- Experience working in a call center
- Bilingual English / Spanish
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well - beinginclude:
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARESprogram to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team membersand their immediate family affected by COVID - 19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann tosupport and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increasedsanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID - 19 healthcare costs forour employees
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State.Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's whyyou'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. Weserve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitatingillnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - riskPregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social,behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work withproactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare andcreate positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Groupis an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status,disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, maritalstatus, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Groupis a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, call center, intake, prior authorization, medical assistant, administrative, clerical, coordinator, claims, hiring immediately