This position is to provide clerical support for duties within the department as it relates to processing claims. Provide logistical support to claims personnel charged with the handling of claims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Promptly and accurately type claims form, file jackets and documents, including timely maintenance of these forms and documents
- Data entry, including claims related information for vendors, legal and finance
- Data entry of claim payments for both Indemnity & LAE into the appropriate operating system
- Filing, scanning and maintaining claim files, mail and mailing records
- Photocopy, print and mail correspondence when necessary
- Print and distribute diary to examiners
- Collect and distribute fax correspondence
- Compiling claims information for statistical purposes
- Record and file retrieval
- Conform to internal workflow standards
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Expected minimum typing speed of 40 words per minute
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Prior insurance or office support experience