Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Having energized and friendly center managers is essential for creating success in our centers. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of center operations in order to provide quality medical care and services to patients. As a leader, you’ll provide clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement.
Center Managers work standard business hours (Monday through Friday: 8 am-5 pm) and also need to be available to support staff beyond those standard working hours.
- Drive excellence in business, clinical, and financial operations of the center through managing workflows, budgets, scheduling, and other items as needed
- Act as the catalyst to ensure staff are passionate about delivering genuine, caring, and friendly healthcare
- Maintain the culture of excellence by recruiting, developing, and retaining talent
- Champion the MedExpress brand in the community by acting as a liaison with outreach efforts, responding to patients and the general public
- Identify innovative ways to build relationships with local businesses, schools, and organizations in order to meet their community healthcare needs
- Monitor and optimizes systems that meet staff communication needs while supporting consistency throughout the MedExpress platform
- Optimize partnerships with area and regional leader to achieve overall corporate goals and objectives
- Ensure 100% compliance with the MedExpress Compliance Program and compliance with federal or state licensing requirements for both the Center and staff
This role is center-based and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience supervising, coaching, and developing staff
- Demonstrated success using the principles and processes of customer service including identifying customer needs, meeting quality standards for service, and evaluating & improving customer service results
- Knowledge and understanding of P&L reports to develop action plans to maximize profitability while meeting customer needs
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management
- 3+ years of experience managing a customer-facing retail or healthcare facility
- Understanding of HIPAA, OSHA and other state/federal healthcare requirements and regulations
- Clinical license
Proof of immunity to vaccine-preventable diseases is an employment requirement.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Center Manager, Richmond, VA, Virginia