As a Cash Accountant Lead, you would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Our Cash Accountants are responsible for balancing the Company's checkbooks and cash accounts, ensuring that the books remain in good standing and compliance with Company and federal standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coach, mentor, handle escalations, and lead a small team of Cash Accountants responsible for reconciling assigned sets of progressively difficult cash accounts monthly; research issues; reconciling items and outstanding checks; and proposing necessary adjustments as needed.
Execute areas of full cycle accounting calendars on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP while supporting, guiding, and helping to train the team by providing regular constructive feedback and holding the team accountable for meeting tight deadlines.
Process journal entries for increase and decrease adjustments, bank account reconciliations, and other analysis such as audit requests required to support the balance sheet and related business processes.
Work to understand the business transaction and ensure the activity is complete and accurately coded, also ensuring all processes are documented, kept current, and executed according to Company policy.
Demonstrate an understanding of internal controls and ensure all SOX controls are being applied for assigned balance sheet accounts, while supporting continuous business process improvements or recommending enhancements.
Support various projects as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred; will consider years of experience in lieu of the degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- 1-2 years in a 'Team Lead' type of role with supervisory responsibilities
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to train and coach
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Flexible thinker with an analytical thought process and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong follow-up abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have intermediate Excel skills
- Position requires to work extended hours, particularly during the month-end, quarter-end and year-end processes
- Experience with Oracle accounting software
- Experience with Reconnet reconciling software
The Cash Accountant Lead will be a part of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. This team handles all the daily. financial reporting and accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. They effectively manage our relationships with external auditors and regulatory agencies and understand the 'big picture' - or full-cycle accounting - and how the pieces of the Company fit together from a financial perspective.
The TMX Finance Family of Companies ('the Company') is one of the largest consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. With companies that include TitleMax, TitleBucks, and InstaLoan, the Company provides a diversified product offering. These companies are represented nationwide and their growth has created a wealth of career opportunities in both our stores and at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.