The TMX Finance® Family of Companies is looking for a Cash Accountant II to join the team and become part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Our Cash Accountants are responsible for balancing the Company's checkbooks and cash accounts, ensuring that the books remain in good standing and compliance with Company and federal standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reconcile a set of progressively difficult cash accounts monthly, researching issues, reconciling items and outstanding checks, and proposing necessary adjustments as needed.
Execute assigned areas of full cycle accounting (monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year-end) in a timely manner and in accordance with U.S. GAAP. This includes journal entry processing, account reconciliations, and other analysis such as audit requests.
Understand the business transaction and ensure that activity is complete and accurately coded.
Ensure all internal and SOX controls are being applied for assigned balance sheet accounts, and support continuous business process improvements as well as recommend enhancements.
Mentor Cash Account I to maintain proper protocols in cash account reconciliation.
Support continuous business process improvement and recommend enhancements.
Assist in other projects as needed.
Work efficiently in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment and handle multiple challenging tasks.
Position requires to work extended hours particularly during the month-end, quarter-end and year-end process.
- 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Ability to demonstrate organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with flexible thinking and time management
- Ability to work in a rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
- Efficiency in Excel with pivot tables, Vlookup and Filtering of high volume data
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Access and Powerpoint
- Physical demands for this position frequently include: the ability to remain in a stationary position, move about freely inside and occasionally outside of the store, and the operation of mechanical controls, such as a keyboard
- Experience with Great Plains, Oracle, Cognos, ReqLogic, Accruent, DocLink, TrinTech or FRx is a plus
- CPA candidate is a plus
- System conversion experience is a plus
- Management experience is a plus
Learn More About Us
The Cash Accountant II will be a part of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. This team handles all the day-to-day financial reporting and accounting activities for the organization, as well as maintain the appropriate internal controls. To learn more about this team visit, https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance/ .
Check out what's happening in our Company at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. The Company may, at its discretion, revise the job description at any time, and additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the position.
All TMX Finance® Family of Companies Are Equal Opportunity Employers.