If you are located in the Delaware area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Our Care Navigators have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This is a telecommute / work at home role.
If you are located in the Deleware area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 1 week of paid training.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP members utilizing auto dialer and manual dialing
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with scheduling provider appointments
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to community resources
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Identifies gaps in care and assists in closure of gaps
- Outreaches members on caseload consistent with program guidelines
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or telephonic customer service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- 1+ years of Healthcare / insurance experience and/or Social work / community outreach / advocacy experience
- 1+ years of experience in analyzing and solving customer problems
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm EST
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group - approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Social Work, Public Health or related field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or other language
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Experience working with medical terminology
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high - speed internet connection or leverage an existing high - speed internet service
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable making outreach to members without prior engagement
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Healthcare, health care, Managed Care, Enrollment, Eligibility, Medicare, Medicaid, Customer Service, Claims, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo